Many moons ago, I designed these socks to process through a parting of ways. They were my first published pattern. I was really excited. See! I'm dusting them off again. The pattern has been reworked, retested, and reformatted to mark a new divergence in my life - the fella and I are in the process of packing up our lives to follow the American itch to head out West.
A poem, "two roads diverged in the woods.. and I took the road less traveled.." And it hurt, man! Really bad! Rocks! Thorns! and Glass! my… broke! waahh! Not cool, Robert Frost! -Kid President
Why would two people leave all the good they've created for themselves to show up tired and unwanted on the doorstep of Seattle? Well.... we can. And maybe it'll lead to our Space Jam?
That's really the best answer I have. But while I'm selling my life on Craigslist at get-it-now rates, I am offering this pattern for free. Once I make it out West, it will be $3.99. As with all my life at the moment, the specific timing is TBD, so grab it now.
Women’s medium [Women’s large/Men’s small, Men’s large]
- Women’s medium: Shoe sizes 6-9; 10” foot
- Women’s large: Shoe sizes 8-12; 11” foot
- Men’s small (same size as women’s medium): Shoe sizes 10.5-12; 11” foot
- Men’s large: Shoe sizes 12.5-14; 11.5” foot
- 100 grams, 420 yards (3.5 oz, 368 m) of finger weight sock yarn of your choice, such as Plymouth Yarn Happy Feet or Blue Fiber Arts Socks that Rock
- US #1 (2.25 mm) double pointed needles or size needed for gauge
- US #0 (2 mm) double pointed needles or one size smaller than needed for gauge
- Cable needle
- Stitch markers
- Darning needles
16 sts x 24 rows = 2 inches (5 cm) in Stockinette Stitch worked in the round